Is Your Page Rank Proving to be an Uphill Climb? Discover These 5 Steps to Increase Your Ranking on Google in 2015
Google’s algorithm last update on February 2015 has once again sent the SEO world sprawling in all directions. For some, they may have lost their ranking. For others, they may have found getting a decent Page Rank to be harder than ever.
Google algorithm is just one facet in the formula for SEO success but its influence cannot be denied. How can others make it in Google’s Top 10 while others struggle? Here are proven steps collated from different web masters after Google’s update for the current year emerged:
Step # 1: Craft a Detailed Plan for Link Building
A plan is 50% of one’s success rate in business. Crafting a link building plan and constantly changing or updating it as one goes along is a must-do to succeed in link building, and ultimately, increase your ranking. There are different tools online that help business owners or web masters create a master plan when building links to increase a Page Rank.
An example of such tool is a SEO Cost Calculator Tool that helps web masters determine the volume of links they need and how long they can expect to be ranked in Google’s Top 10 with their chosen key phrases. Another helpful benefit users can get from this tool is the availability of a comprehensive link building strategy which can be followed weekly to get on top of the much coveted Google’s main page of search results.
Step # 2 Building Links in a Natural Pace
One elementary error of domain owners is building links to their website in just a short span of time. The number of links may be important but while on the building stage, quality always beats quantity in SEO link building.
The Cost Calculator Tool helps web owners determine how much links they need and how long it takes to get the links working and see results. However, what is this data if you do not know how or where to get good-quality links?
PRC has been used by many expert web masters and businesses to help their domains make it on Google’s main search results page. The links provided by PRC are of great diversity and comes from authority sites which is what is needed to make link building appear organic in search engines. More importantly, the links are manually crafted for a more natural effect.
Step # 3: Invest on On-Page Optimization
Out of all the predictions experts made for the SEO trade in 2015, the most common is the highlight for User Experience. The focus of the industry is no longer the numbers or technicalities of managing a domain but on how satisfied a regular user is with its functionalities.
Here are key guidelines for effective on-page optimization:
- Create as many relevant pages as possible. An ideal domain consists of 50 pages with a distinctive content for each page. The pages should contain at least 500 words for each.
- Bank on content uniqueness and relevance. Because there are millions of web pages available with similar niche, having an X Factor or unique pull for your page will win out readers and turn them into clients.
- Eliminate content-mirroring for one’s web pages. Although it is important to have a good number of pages in one’s domain, it is also vital that each page does not duplicate each other. After Google released the Panda 3.6 Update, domains with pages that have mirrored or the same content are already out of the race.
- Using sitemap generators, create one’s domain sitemap and have it uploaded to Google.
- Study and select only the best targeted keywords for the domain and strategically utilize it all over the web pages.
Step # 4: Have Patience to Wait Out on the Results
Perhaps one of the oldest but most common link building mistakes SEO practitioners make is abandoning their plans even before it took root. Link building to gain an enviable page rank is a long-term investment and is therefore not for the impatient.
Instead of dumping one’s initial plan and starting from scratch with a new one, wait it out for 3 to 12 months to see significant results. It is also important to take note that page rank is one of the most unstable facets of SEO. Google’s constantly changing algorithm may make the page rank jump up one day and crash down the next.
Step # 5: Know How to Monitor Results
Technology is optimized when one knows how to wield it. The same is true for link building. Although the fruits of link-building may be harvested after a lone while, don’t be disheartened. Instead, be mindful of these guidelines in tracking results:
- Remember that increase in page rank does not necessarily mean an increase in website traffic. The first 3 spots in Google’s search results are usually the ones which generate traffic increase. So don’t be surprised if the volume of one’s domain is still the same even if the page rank is already a few notches higher.
- There are different tools available online to help web masters track results. Make use of these tools. When it comes to SEO link building, one has to be meticulous and consider the numbers closely to monitor which strategies work and which ones are time and money wasters.
- Be faithful to one’s original link building plan and do not throw it away even if the results show up longer than expected. Take note that Google favours organic link-building and that entails long-term link building.
SEO is a moving target and this is especially apparent in link building. But when done right using the five steps above, one’s page rank is sure to make it on Google’s main search results page in 2015.