Ways to Get a High Ranking Web Page
There is no website owner who would not appreciate a higher ranking web page for his or her business. These days, it is harder and harder to get traffic to your website without using methods that have a connection with multiple disciplines, such as mathematics or marketing.
What Is Website Page Ranking?
The ranking of your page is a complicated matter to calculate, but you should know what its meaning is. It can have any value between 0 and 10 – the bigger the value, the better your web page is situated.
The difference between two consecutive values is immense, because the scale is logarithmic, not linear. For instance, if a page rank of 3 means that your site is in top 100,000,000, a page rank of 4 says that it is in top 10,000,000. Page rank 10 situates your website in top 10, a position to dream of.
The practical meaning of the page rank is that, when you search the internet for a certain topic, you will never spend time to see more than two or three pages of results. Most people do not even look at the second page. As a result, only the first positions are really important to any search. If you are not there, you cannot be found, hence you do not exist, because you do not get hits to your web page.
The calculus that page ranking is based upon takes into consideration all the backlinks of the page and the page ranks of all the pages linked to it. So, the more links you have from other sites to your web page the better your page rank will be, and the higher these sites are placed by the page ranking algorithm the better your page will be placed.
How Can You Have Your Website Page Ranking Improved?
To get website traffic, and, consequently, improve page ranking parameters, several methods are recommended. Try to understand them, if you want to deal with this task yourself, and try to remember that using their synergy works best.
If you apply these methods separately, at different moments of time, the results will not be so spectacular, but if you combine them, you will be happy to see how you get traffic to your website like never before.
Before showing you how to increase page ranking values without spending too much money, you have to know that there are millions of sites on the Internet and other thousands are added each and every day. This makes you face a fierce competition, and you have to know how to avoid competing with giants that have enormous amounts of money available for endless marketing campaigns.
Here is how to get traffic to your website:
• Optimize your website for the search engines – Choose those keywords that describe a niche with at least one or two hundred thousand searches per month and with reduced competition as well;
• Have your content updated frequently – This way, you can prevent your visitors from getting bored and disappointed, ceasing to give hits to your site; including dynamic content is a good idea (message boards, photo galleries, famous quotes, currency exchange rates, breaking news, small games etc.);
• Use social networks, such as Facebook and Twitter, to post news about your site and get more traffic;
• Promote your site for free whenever possible – Use free classified ads, banners, inclusions in listings, submissions to directories. Although not all of these work well, remember that they are free of charge;
• Offer a free product or service to your visitors – This will attract them to visit your site again, which means more traffic supposed to improve page ranking values;
• Get links from other sites in the same niche – Even if such links would have a “nofollow” parameter, they are still useful, because they mean more traffic; however, be careful to avoid your niche bad neighbors, because they will rather harm your reputation than help;
• Include the URL of your site in your signature – This a good way to invite people you come in contact with to visit your website;
• Use offline promotion as a still effective method – Print your URL on your business cards, souvenirs, stickers to apply on your car, t-shirts and other objects that people could see.
These are low cost methods that are different from search engine marketing campaigns, although they have some things in common.
If everything sounds confusing and too complicated, or you simply cannot allocate too much time to your website, you still have the option of letting a specialized company do all this work for you.
Otherwise, to have a high ranking web page, you need to work hard and, most important, continuously, so that you permanently improve the performance of your site.