How Bookmark Services Work and How They Can Be Used in Online Marketing Campaigns
Bookmark services carry immense SEO potential: bookmarking sites can increase traffic to your website and provide higher conversion rates than many other online marketing tools, while also offering the additional advantage of being very cheap.
The term bookmarking service is used for both the websites where you can register and engage in social bookmarking and for the social marketing firms that can promote your website with the help of bookmarking sites; in the following paragraphs, we propose to summarize how the social bookmarking process works and then provide a short outline of how SEO companies can use this tool for popularizing your website.
How a Social Bookmark Service Works
The process of using social bookmarking services is similar to using the Favorites menu in your browser to get to certain websites faster. However, similarity ends here, because bookmarking services provide much more than saving an URL on a computer. Social bookmarking works by collecting website URLs, categorizing them into folders, adding opinions and recommendations about them and sharing the URLs with other members of the bookmarking community. The resources are found based on the tags anchored to the URLs by the users, which makes social bookmarking sites work in a similar way to search engines, but with searching made much easier.
Using social bookmarking comes with a number of benefits for both individual and corporate users:
– Bookmarking services are sites where you can create an account for yourself to store and distribute your favorite links. The URLs are accessible from anywhere – all you need is a device with access to the internet.
– These sites allow you not only to save the URLs of the websites you like or use the most, but also to organize them into categories and subcategories to make your list more manageable.
– The reason why these sites are called social bookmarking services is that they allow you to socialize with other registered members, making you a member of a community, just like social networking sites.
How Can You Leverage the Potential of Social Bookmark Services to Your Advantage?
More and more companies discover the advantages of bookmark services:
– The traffic driven from these bookmarks towards your website is very well targeted, because the visitors who land on your homepage are already interested in what you have to offer – hence the high conversion rates offered by these services.
– You will get quality backlinks, thus your website will rank higher in SERPs.
– You can have a more direct relationship with your existing and potential customers.
– You can observe your target group’s buying habits and understand what motivates them.
– You can adjust your entire marketing campaign to address your target group more efficiently.
– You can bond with members of your target groups.
– You can influence their opinions.
– You can have feedback from your target group, so you can evaluate your strengths and points for improvement.
How SEO Companies Conduct Campaigns Using Bookmark Services
If you hire an SEO company to create your social bookmarking campaign, they will start by analyzing your website content and researching the latest market trends governing your niche. They will also analyze the composition of your market segment to be able to create the right message about your company and products.
Your SEO company will also work with you to identify your goals – a path to success if you want to build brand awareness is different from the course of action to be followed if you want to increase sales. Then the marketing company will research the keywords that can be the most efficiently used to convey your message and they will optimize the use of these words in the content published on article directories, forums, blogs and other websites. These keywords will be important in the bookmarking campaign, too, when the keywords will be used in the tagging process. Once your strategy is ready, the bookmarking campaign can commence.
One of the keys to the success of a social bookmarking campaign is to stay socially active – without social interaction, the tool is not very different from simply using an online storage space for saving the URLs of your favorite sites. The social element means that you become integrated in the community, respond to the demands of other users, answer their questions and try to help them with information – of course, in a way that drives traffic to your own money page.
Social bookmarking is a very useful tool for newcomers and for corporations that want to expand their existing social media strategies to attract even more visitors to their websites. Bookmark services are free to use and they provide a strategic tool that you can’t afford to ignore.