How to Do Social Bookmarking for Search Engine Optimization Purposes
Why do you need social bookmarking?Social bookmarking is one of the best free search engine optimization methods today. Due to modern trends, traditional marketing methods are becoming obsolete in internet marketing. Thanks to the ever growing popularity of global social networking, this strategy is easy, effective and trendy. You can share content and links with other users, and practically have the potential of unlimited growth. Sharing a link with the right person can make it spread fast across the internet and get to thousands of users. Free advertisement has never been this easy.
What are social bookmarks?
Social bookmarks are links posted on social websites for sharing purposes. They are quite similar to private bookmarks on your computer, the difference being that the first is shared on the web, while the other is present only on your browser. Because of their unlimited growth potential, they can be presented to a wider public and significantly increase the traffic to your site comparing to other traditional online marketing methods.
Advantages of social bookmarking
• Since top social bookmarking sites are indexed by search engines, they can help your site to get a better page ranking, and obtain better positioning in search result pages.
• Because web spiders determine the importance of a site also through its backlinks, having a backlink from an important social network considerably increases your own ranking and credibility
• Posting high quality content, such as information, advice or just entertaining material and tagging them is a highly effective method of increasing targeted web traffic
• Freshly started businesses can make themselves known and become popular with the help of social bookmarks
• Because submitting links to most popular social websites is free, you only have to invest in time and energy, and if things don’t go your way, there are no money at stake, which makes social bookmarking appeal to managers not willing to take risks
• Because most people may not purchase or take action when first visiting your site, having your site bookmarked may allow them to revisit your site and increase the chances of them buying or using whatever you are offering. By offering more bookmarking options and making your site easier to be found, a lot of visitors will return, if you have high quality content that is, otherwise, there’ll be no reason for them to come back to your website.
• Most heavy users of social networking have accounts on multiple websites, thus allowing them to share your bookmarks with lots of other people who might bookmark your webpage as well, making your bookmarks go viral
• Some people owning blogs might be impressed by your website, so impressed that they might add your link to their own blog. Popular blogs with reasonable web traffic might generate significant targeted traffic to your own website
Onward with social bookmarking
By posting links on popular social networking websites, you get a constant flow of new visitors and customers that considerably increase your own website traffic. What you need to do is to sign up on the most important social bookmarking websites. Submitting only high quality and attractive material is very important in order to appeal to users and make them share your bookmarks. Giving important pieces of advice, various tips, or quality entertainment might attract new visitors, or make the ones already on your site to come back for more. By giving users something of value, you also increase the chances of them recommending you to other people, or to post links on their personal blogs and websites.
Finding the right niche is also very important. Adding your bookmarks in the right place, where people are interested in the same things you have to offer can make a great difference in the results you get. Promoting your content to people more likely to be receptive and appreciate it should be your main concern. Using the right keywords which are relevant to your activity and which are also present in the content on your own page can make your bookmarks very search engine friendly.
However, you should try to avoid repetitive phrases, keyword stuffing and over marketing your site in general, since search engines might penalize your website, resulting in having the exactly opposite desired effect. Top bookmarking sites include Pinterest.com,Twitter.com, StumbleUpon.com, and Delicious.com. All you have to do in order to sign up on these sites is to provide an e-mail address, and then confirm your account via a verification mail.
Deciding which bookmarks will be of most help to others and using the right keywords to describe the content of your website or articles can have a huge impact on results. Although it needs a lot of hard work, social bookmarking is one of the most efficient online marketing methods available today.