How to Write and Distribute a Great PR – Press Release Writing Advice
If you want to write a quality PR, press release writing styles and formats, as well as the guidelines you need to follow in order to properly present your story are extremely important for achieving the best results.
Expert PR writers often emphasize the fact that 90% of the rejections are based on the fact that the press release is written in a promotional fashion or that the proper format was not respected. Companies who want to employ a successful PR strategy, therefore, are urged to either do some extensive research on how to write good press releases or hire experienced press release writers for the job.
Writing a Quality PR – Press Release Templates and Writing Tips
The format and writing style of a press release is essential not only for it to be accepted by media sites as being newsworthy, but also for the purpose of increasing your company’s thought leadership generated through the act of providing readers with professionally written, interesting content. Here are a few of the most important tips you can follow to achieve this:
• Before choosing a specific template or format for writing your press releases, make sure that the PR distribution service you want to hire will be willing to accept it. Press release sites will often provide you with specific tips and guidelines on how to write your PR in order to make sure it will be accepted by the major news sites.
• If you want to promote a new business solution or service, do so indirectly by integrating it into a newsworthy title or headline, making sure you introduce it as something that will truly captivate the attention of news readers and journalists alike.
• The introductory paragraphs of your press releases should always highlight the time and place of the news, making a clear presentation of what the release is about and why the news may be important.
• The body of the PR should present extensive details regarding the news. Make sure you back up your statements with statistics and relevant research, while outlining the ways in which the story may influence the targeted subject.
• SEO press releases should always have a URL linking back to the website of your company. You can usually add it to the contact information and the “about the company” section of the PR.
Advanced Tips for Presenting Your Story
One of the most common mistakes associated with online press releases that businesses tend to make on a regular basis is to write their PRs in a promotional style. Many companies forget about the fact that press releases are meant to communicate stories and not highlight the qualities of a company’s products.
Professional press release writers advise that, instead of describing the features of your products or the details of the services you provide, your SEO press releases should focus more on building a catchy story around what you want to convey that shows how certain events have led to companies or individuals requiring better quality support in the areas that your services may be targeting.
For example, if you want to promote a new type of LED display, you could focus on presenting statistics and studies that have revealed flaws in older monitors and talk about how LED screens have become the trend in the industry due to the increased number of people using them.
Free Press Release Distribution Services
You don’t necessarily have to pay in order to have your PRs submitted to quality news sites. There are many excellent services available online which can offer you at least a few of the benefits you would get from a paid press release distribution service for free.
These services can allow you to reach a wider audience, submit SEO press releases, use specific key phrases, links and anchor texts and have your submissions indexed on a few of the major search engines in order to obtain improved recognition.
Business and Website Promotion Benefits
Companies that rely on PR distribution should know about some of the most important advantages that a quality press release submitted to a large number of news sites can offer for the purpose of helping them promote their online business.
Distributing an SEO press release can provide you with at least two of the benefits associated with some of the most effective SEO techniques: attracting targeted traffic and building backlinks that point back to your website’s most important pages. Additionally, a well-organized press release campaign will also improve your site’s page rank, getting search engines to see it as being more valuable.
All these advantages and many others can be gained from a well-written PR, press release services often emphasizing the fact that this type of content is a largely untapped source of revenue and profit from the web traffic increase that businesses should analyze more carefully before putting together an internet marketing strategy.