The Benefits of Submitting Articles and How Services for Article Submission Can Be of Help
The process of article submission involves publishing informational articles to online article directories. By article directories we mean websites that house collections of articles on various topics. Informational articles do not promote your business directly; however, they can provide readers with useful information from your field of work. Shortly, in this way, you can:
• Show that you are an expert in your domain and gain trust for your business. If you know your field well, then you are probably a trustworthy product or service provider.
• Optimize your own website for search engines, by creating backlinks. The submitted articles will include links towards your website, behind proper anchor texts, usually in the author box, where you present yourself and your field of work. Backlinks, meaning links on other websites that lead to your own, are taken into account by search engines when establishing your page rank, in association with certain keywords. The bigger the page rank of the article directory and the more respected the directory itself, the better it is for your own page rank. The bigger your page rank and the more backlinks you have, the more chances there are for search engines to return your website for certain queries among the first pages of results. Of course, you are actually aiming for the first page of results, when intending to increase your website traffic.
• Gain online visibility and popularity. Your articles can be more often read when found in directories than directly on your website.
How to get content for submitting articles
Quality content is, of course, highly valued on the Internet, by both readers and search engines. When it comes to producing articles, you may write them yourself, you may hire a freelance article writer or turn to article submission services. You do not need many writers, you need only a few, but the articles must be distributed along big distribution channels. Submission services deal with distributing articles where the efficiency of posting is the highest. Let’s detail what these services can do for you:
• First of all, they can write articles for you, as they have writing experts who can produce unique content that is also optimized for search engines. For SEO purposes, articles ideally have a length of 800-1200 words, although it is often enough for them to be 500-word long. The articles contain relevant keywords, usually at a density of up to 3%. Aside the main keywords, secondary keywords and long-tail keywords can also be used.
The keywords are not excessively used, as this can be considered a sign of spam by search engine spiders. The structure of the article is so that it is easy to read – here the reader is in focus – and so that search engines can easily pick up the most important words – for example subheadings can include keywords, and subheadings are identified due to their heading tag present in the HTML code. The articles can contain up to three links, and these are the backlinks that lead to your website. The links are usually present in the author box.
Backlinks are associated with proper anchor texts. Such a link thus appears as a clickable text, and this text is what we call the “anchor text”, and it is created by means of using HREF tags (HTML code item). The anchor text is important because it is used by search engines to figure out what the target page is about. Knowing what it is about means they know what search queries the link is probably relevant for.
Usually, you are offered the articles for approval before they are distributed. To verify that the articles are unique and not copy-pasted, you can use various online tools that check for duplicate content.
• Submission services will also deal with submitting articles to various article directories and websites, which are usually chosen from sites with high page ranks. Articles are submitted manually, using different anchor texts and also a short description. Most of the sites where the articles will be submitted will probably creating an account there. The submission service will usually make this account for you, which means they will also make an email ID for you and then give you access to it.
• To the effects are concerned, submission services promise to obtain these results for you: better rankings; increased website traffic; quality backlinks; increased online visibility; strengthened reputation.
Shortly, here is the difference between articles and press releases
Submission services will usually deal with writing or distributing a business press release for you as well, if required. What must be said is that press releases are good tools for building backlinks, page rank and web popularity too, just like articles, only they will have different distribution channels and they need to have a content that is worthy of becoming a piece of news.
If you have no newsworthy information at a certain moment, do not force data into a press release – it will not be effective. Write an informative article instead.