What Are the Most Effective and Simplest Ways to Increase Blog Traffic?
Even though you may be good at writing and you can create many blog posts quite fast either to draw customers to your site or increase your thought leadership in a certain niche, you will often find the need to increase blog traffic due to the overwhelming competition that other individuals and businesses may create by building content to “steal” your audience.
Use Proper Keyword Research to Increase Blog Traffic
Although keyword research is considered to be one of the best ways to improve your blog’s placement in SERPs and increase its traffic, many people labor under the misconception that it takes an experienced SEO specialist to perform keyword research in order to obtain best results.
Not only is this not true, but there are a few basic steps that can enhance your website promotion strategies through the use of content writing techniques enhanced by popular key phrases:
• The main idea when researching keywords and topics for a blog is to imagine that you’re an internet user searching for precisely the type of information you provide on your blog. What keywords would you type into a search engine to find what you’re looking for? Also, you can look for web traffic analysis tools that can present you with a list of keywords people have used in the past to find your site or blog.
• Free tools are available on the internet that can provide you with lists of popular keywords associated with your niche, as well as the number of times each of them were typed into a search engine by either local or global users. Taking the previous idea to the next level, you can start out from a few basic keywords and build a list of dozens or even hundreds of secondary key phrases that you can integrate into your future blog posts.
• Researching the top key phrases you want to use in your blog is not a one time job. Trends change, and people are constantly using other methods to search through the vast contents of the world wide web, so using web traffic stats, tools to check page rank and keyword density on your blog, keyword analysis applications and coming up with new topic ideas are important requirements for keeping your blog fresh and continuing to increase its traffic rate.
The Benefits of Guest Posting
Guest posting on someone else’s blog is another effective way not only to increase traffic, but to improve your thought leadership and your reputation as an expert when it comes to providing quality content for your readers while attracting them to your blog.
Here are some of the benefits you can gain using this method for instant traffic generation:
• The ability to build quality backlinks pointing to your site or blog without worrying about getting penalized by search engines;
• A way to gain access to a larger audience through a blog that already has a decent traffic rate;
• The power to become an authority figure in your niche by posting to a large number of high traffic blogs.
• The potential advantage of getting quality tips from an established blogger.
So how does all this work? It’s fairly simple, actually: as you continue down the path to becoming an authority in your niche, you can draw the attention of blog owners by either messaging them directly or posting comments on various high traffic blogs, suggesting that you can either expand a particular topic or come up with something new, presenting valuable insight that the blogs’ readers may be interested in.
Also, if you want to find an easier method for increasing website traffic through guest posting, there are various communities available to join where you can come in contact with blog owners who are already interested in getting new content for their blogs and attracting more readers.
Website Design Considerations
A little known aspect that may influence your site or blog’s ability to attract more traffic is its design. You may have noticed that some blogs use (somewhat) catchy, yet annoying color combinations, fonts that are hard to read or menu buttons and links that are difficult to access properly.
When building the design of your blog, therefore, make sure you use colors, fonts, headings, backgrounds and menu items that work together to improve visibility and ease of navigation, so readers can have a relaxing time as they browse through your posts.
Whether you’re promoting an onsite blog to improve the value of your website or separate blogs geared to help you make the most out of your internet marketing campaign, you can increase blog traffic quite easily using some of the methods presented above, and, what with the additional advantages that a well-organized blog promotion strategy can bring, you will quickly gather thousands