Boost Your Alexa Page Ranking with these Proven Techniques
Getting your website to the top pages of Google and other search engines can greatly help in achieving your online success through your website. However, you still need to enhance its Alexa page ranking in order to further boost your business performance. But before you do that, it is important to know the major advantages of having higher Alexa page rank.
Benefits of Having High Alexa Rank
- Enhanced credibility of your site among the online community
- Higher Alexa rank can also command higher selling price or higher starting bid price for your website if you want to flip it.
- If you are allocating a space in your site for advertising, you can also charge higher ads rate
- Better conversion rate because visitors usually trust websites with good Alexa page rank
- Enhanced search engine optimization of your site for Google, Bing, and MSN among others.
Main Differences between Google and Alexa Page Ranking
While both Google and Alexa are famous for giving each website a specific rank, they actually differ in many ways when it comes to ranking websites. Some of the dominant differences are as follows:
- Google ranks websites from 0 to 10, with 10 as the highest score while 0 is the lowest page rank. Alexa, on the other hand, ranks website from 1 to infinity, which can sometimes reach to millions. But contrary to the ranking of Google, the lower the number the higher the Alexa ranking. Therefore, if you are ranking your site for Alexa, make it a point to get the lowest number possible.
- Google uses a lot of ranking parameters to rank websites, while Alexa has only few parameters like the number of visitors to your site, as well as the number of people you referred who downloaded and installed the Alexa toolbar among others.
- If you want to improve your page rank in Google, you need to have several good quality backlinks. But if you are ranking for Alexa, you don’t necessary have to get a lot of good backlinks to rank well.
- You don’t need to download, install, and use a toolbar in order to get better Google ranking; unlike Alexa that requires you not only to use the toolbar but refer the use of the toolbar to other people, as well, if you want to improve your rank.
Some people are still quite confused on which of the two is better. Should you get your site rank well in Google, or improve the Alexa page rank of your website? The ideal answer is both. But more weight is usually given today on Google page ranking compared to Alexa. Even then, don’t disregard the page rank of Alexa because more benefits will come to your end if your rank is good.
If you want to know what the current ranking of your site is in Google and Alexa, here are some free tools that you can use:
Free Google Page Rank Checker
Free Alexa Page Rank Checker
How to Increase Your Alexa Page Rank
- Register your site first in Alexa.
- Claim your blog.
- Verify your site ownership.
- Always use your Alexa toolbar.
- Participate in many blogger forums. Most bloggers are usually aware of the benefits of Alexa, and they also have Alexa toolbars installed. If you are successful in encouraging these Alexa users to visit your site, then the more successful you will be in getting better page rank of your site in Alexa.
- Blog about Alexa and you will entice more people to use it on their sites. Remember, the more you refer others to use Alexa the better.
- Don’t use a url redirect. You might come across some so-called experts to use the Alexa URL redirect. While this technique may be quite effective in the past, Alexa no longer advises to use this method. You will not only lose some traffic but lose potential investors, as well.
- Add the Alex widget in your website.
- Promote your website to others. While visits from non-Alexa users have little or no bearing at all, your chances of capturing more Alexa users to visit your site are also higher.
- Add good content to your site. Just like the standard methods of getting good quality traffic, adding valuable content will compel well-satisfied readers to recommend your site to their network of friends.
- Add Social Bookmark buttons in your site. These buttons will increase your page views and get more visitors. Make sure to include the Facbook ‘like it’ button. Facebook has close to a billion worldwide users, and there is greater chance that many of them are Alexa users.
- Focus your campaign to get higher site traffic on webmasters. These are highly targeted audience. One of the best things about Alexa is that you know who to target your audience to, and they are mostly bloggers and webmasters.
- Submit your site in DMOZ, this is a highly-respected site with the largest human editors. Don’t forget to submit your site in Google as well. The more you submit your site to as many search engines as possible the better your ranking will be in Alexa.
- Advertise your website using pay-per-click (PPC), click-per-action (CPA), and banner advertising.
- Buy Alexa traffic. The natural means may take quite some time to get plenty of Alexa users to visit your site. If you want the fastest method, simply buy Alexa traffic and your site will get a sudden burst of visitors. There are many firms out there that offer such services. Make sure to use the ones that are credible in order to obtain great results.
There are still other effective techniques, but following the above strategies can already make significant differences on the present ranking of your site.Before launching any campaign, make sure to get your site listed first in Alexa so that your first step is right on track of your goal for your website, which is to get higher Alexa page ranking.